Thursday 4 April 2013

A bob : Advantages and Disadvantages

Well, I recently got a bob cut and now, that I'm used to it , I know pretty well about it's advantages and disadvantages.

I have thick, straight hair so I was really apprehensive about getting a bob, because I've seen most people who have a bob with really fine hair. Anyway, that did not discourage me so much so as  to not want to get myself a bob. I just convinced myself and my hairstylist was also really encouraging. So, I decided to go for it. And, I have to admit, I made the right decision.

My bob is a traditional box bob. I wasn't ready to brave the asymmetric or A-line bob. I got it cut really short, because it's starting to heat up in the region I live in, and I just wanted a short hair cut. 

Firstly, I'd like to talk about the disadvantages of getting a bob cut, which are very few in number:

1)  You cannot braid, wear a bun, or tie it up into a long ponytail.
2) You don't have long hair unless you buy extensions or a wig. And sometimes, you just need to wear hair styles which suit long hair.
3) It's really awkward going all short after having your hair long.

But, don't let that discourage you from getting it cut!!!!! Because the advantages are a lot more important, and aren't we all optimists???

So, now I would like to go about the advantages of getting a bob cut, which are :

1) It's a really low- maintenance hairstyle. All you might have to do is probably curl it inwards from the bottom because completely straight hair DOES NOT WORK for a bob.A bob is the most manageable hairstyle, except for maybe a pixie cut.
2) You CAN let it down! Since it's a really short haircut, you don't need to worry about heat, sweat, etc which makes most people tie it up.
3) You can wear really cute hair clips, something which you don't usually use for most of your other hair styles.
4) It's a really elegant hairstyle for work, a super cool one for wearing outside, and a great one for school.
5) It makes you feel a whole lot comfortable, because you don't need to keep fixing you hair, tying it up, re-braiding it, bobby- pinning it, etc. 
6) Nowadays, loads of cool hairstyles have come up for people who go for a bob, so it's not like you're never styling your hair. 
7) A bob cut is a style statement itself. So you DO NOT require to style your hair, but you can if you want to.
8) You can wair extensions if you want to wear hair style in long hair, although I don't do that because I'm just too comfortable with wearing my own hair and I love my short hair.
9) It'll grow , whereas long hair can NEVER become short unless you cut it! So you can never wear short hair if you have your hair long!

I'm also putting up a video from a channel on Youtube so that you can see the various ways with which you can style a bob!



Hope you liked it! 

MELEAGRIS









1 comment:

  1. Katie Holmes looks really hot in that hair cut.

    ReplyDelete