Wednesday 3 April 2013

Asking and Answering stupid questions : Escape strategy.

Sometimes I wonder how to reply to amazingly stupid questions. As the person awaits an answer, I take to marvel at the extreme stupidity of the person who asked me the question. Usually, I fail to formulate an answer with the right combination of words so as to level with the genius that I face, so I stay silent. I then decide to take refuge in a simple action - just pat them on the shoulder out of pity with a sad expression on my face - which says it all. 



But usually, I just stay silent because :
 1) I do not want to hurt them
 2) I cannot reply out of shock
 3)  I do not know how to answer the question, because in most cases , the person is extremely stupid and I don't know how to explain the answer to the person.
So all I do is stare at them with widely opened (beautiful) eyes and then turn away and pretend not to understand.

The funny thing is that I adopt the same technique when I'm on the other side of the table. In situations where I know I'm completely wrong and there is no way I can defend my action (like when I lose an important document that I'm supposed to hand in to my teacher), I just give the person/persons a wide smile (my best smile) so that they get confused by my amazing smile, their heart melts and all they want to do is give me a great big hug. But they don't want to  in most cases even though I intend for them to. They're just extremely taken aback by my audacity of smiling hard when I've made a big mistake, they get confused and wonder as to why I'm smiling and forget the matter for a few minutes,  and that's when the situation is in my hands. On rare occasions, however, I do give a small explanation and stare at them brightly, and then follow it up with a smile, which gives me the same results. Which works just  well too.

According to me, every person should experiment with this, because most NORMAL human beings fall into such situations.

MELEAGRIS :) 

Keep visiting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment